UML4AS Release Notes
- The installer program is robust with Eclipse installations that have configuration issues
2. UML4AS version 1.0.0 (2011-12-16)
- Minor bug fixes
3.1. Diagram Features
- Improved ergonomics:
- create a new element (e.g. class) or a new line (e.g. dependency) by dragging (no need to use the toolbar)
- add a new element on diagram using content assist
- + the combination of the above, in one operation as well (e.g. drag to create a generalization towards a type searched with the content assist)
- z-order management of the elements (send to back/bring to front commands)
- align elements
- distribute elements
- resize elements
- basic auto layout algorithm
- Customizable diagram grid
- Diagram print
- Diagram export (as image, as pdf)
- Each diagram has a default package for new element creation
- Improved style editor
- Styles customization: create quick styles
- Fixed DND problems on Mac and Windows (using native code)
3.2. General Features
- Simplified install, upgrade and uninstall using an installer application
- Improved Model Source Navigation (using shortcuts)
- Predefined Flex libraries (e.g. Flex 3.5, Flex 4.1, Flex 4.5)
- Easy diagram creation from selected tree elements
- Generate getter and setter methods
- Add overridden methods
- New Flower Models Navigator that displays all models in the workspace (not just the opened ones)
4.1. Solved Bugs
- #2488-FI: ASFunctions/Properties with identical name, but one with static modifier not supported
- #2709-FI: Error while parsing array initializers
- #3472-FI: Cannot drag and drop class from model tree onto diagram on Mac
- and others
5. UML4AS version 1.0.0.M2 update 1 (2010-12-28)
5.1. Solved Bugs
- #3460-FI: M2 install problem in FB4 stand alone (Cannot satisfy dependency ...)
- "Go to Source" not working for MXML classes
6. UML4AS version 1.0.0.M2 (2010-12-23)
Starting with this version, the installation of UML4AS is done using the site update mechanism. Please follow the install/uninstall instructions, because any older version needs to be uninstalled manually.
6.1. General Features
- Navigation within model: model relations can be navigated (either from the "Relations" section of the model tree, or using the "Model Relations" or "Containing Diagrams" context menu. Diagrams containing an element are displayed as well under the "Relations" section of the model tree.
- Model/source navigation: via the "Go to Source File"/"Go to Model" context menu entries
- Automatic synchronization can be enabled/disabled per model file (right click on the Eclipse project/Properties). A new option exists (Auto Open) which automatically opens selected model file(s) when Eclipse starts
- Improved, non-intrusive error handling and reporting
- Lock Sync disables element validation & file parsing (before elements were only ignored during synchronization)
6.2. Diagram Features
- Simplified new element creation: draw a rectangle on the diagram (it is green if nothing is selected) and select element type
- Auto enter in edit mode, after creating new elements. When adding an element from the model tree, or a compartment element on the diagram (annotation, attribute, operation), CTRL + ENTER finishes editing and adds a new similar element
- Pan behavior: hold shift and drag to scroll the diagram according to mouse movements
- Selection tool setting: select elements by fully or partially surrounding them with the selection rectangle
- Visual styles: almost all Flex CSS styles can be modified for visual elements, in order to customize their appearance on the diagram. A style inheritance mechanism is in place.
- Style for showing package name on diagram for classes/interfaces
- Style for hiding method parameters
- All tree context menu actions are shown within the diagram's context menu
- Enable/disable diagram translation effects, hover effects
6.3. Solved Bugs
Over 60 bugs were fixed (among them #2948-FI: Flex socket communication error, #3061-FI: Don't throw error on "include" and "script source"). Thanks a lot for your feedback on the forum, via the error reporting or direct.
6.4. Known Issues
7. UML4AS version 1.0.0.M1 (2010-08-13)
Please follow the install/uninstall instructions and make sure that you uninstall any older UML4AS version. For the next version we are planning a simplified install procedure.
7.1. Features / Solved Bugs
- Experimental Use Case, Activity and Sequence diagrams
- Bug fixes
- #2723-FI: Mac freezes after dragging elements from navigator over a diagram; the drag & drop mechanism for Mac was redesigned, as the previous implementation was quite buggy; now a native piece of code is used for proper DND handling
- #2640-FI: Error if using Web Project (from WTP)
- Added some shortcuts for Mac: CMD + A (Select all in a diagram), CMD + Mouse Wheel (zoom in a diagram), CMD + Enter (submits modifications for the Documentation view)
- #2361-FI: Refresh problems for Flower Models Navigator; sometimes create actions were disappearing from the context menu
- Known issue #1 from the previous release; now multiple Eclipse instances can run, with UML4AS enabled
- Compatibility with FDT 4 and Eclipse 3.6
- + other bugs, from the error reports and/or discovered internally
7.2. Known Issues
NOTE: On some systems we noticed the following behavior: diagrams don't open and an error message appears: Java/Flex socket communication error. If this happens, please use the patch provided here: http://www.uml4as.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.msg311#msg311.
- Drag & drop from the tree to the diagram, in Windows: sometimes it doesn't work. Temporary work-around: drag the selection to the diagram, standing still (i.e. don't move the mouse): release mouse button, click again; the element is dropped.
- Models Navigator View: it doesn't properly refresh when the model tree changes; we recommend not to use it yet, until this issue is solved.
- On some Mac installations, a Flash error message box could appear from the Model Properties View.
Java/Flex socket communication error
[SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: ..../AppPropertiesEditorRelease.swf cannot load data from 127.0.0.1:18002."]
If this happens, the view needs to be closed + opened again. Please report this issue if it appears, ideally with a reproduction scenario.
- On some Mac installations, the Flash edit boxes don't respond to Enter or CTRL+Enter (editing classes, attributes, operations, notes). In this case, after having finished editing, click with the mouse somewhere on the diagram, outside the edit box. The problem doesn't seem to appear on FDT 4.
- (KI #2 from the previous version) Drag and drop within the model tree: some invalid operations are permitted (e.g. move a class within another class, etc). Please be cautions when doing dnd within the model tree.
8. UML4AS version 1.0.0.M0 (2010-06-11)
Please follow the install/uninstall instructions and make sure that you uninstall any older UML4AS version.
8.1. Features / Solved Bugs
- Copy/Cut and Paste (for model tree and diagrams)
- Mac support
- Improved AS3 compliance
- Flower Modeling perspective
- Parse error fail safe (synchronization continues even if there are files with parse errors)
- Bug fixes
- #2486-FI: Conditional Compilation Support
- #2580-FI: Support for for flex4/generic arrays
- #2496-FI: ActionScriptParser fails for methods outside classes
- #2539-FI: Validation error for Flex 4/"library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
- #2540-FI: Parsing fails when including class names inside bodie.
- #2541-FI: Documentation synchronization does not support special characters
- #2542-FI: Parsing problem: Unexpected token DOT at line 1.
- #2543-FI: Resource changed notification received before detection of metamodels
- #2549-FI: Static initializer blocks
- #2560-FI: Unexpected token STAR_ASSIGN (parameter or variable declaration)
#2603-FI: Sel tool doesn't select all items if zoom level is smaller than 100%
- + other bugs, discovered internally
8.2. Known Issues
- Drag and drop within the model tree: some invalid operations are permitted (e.g. move a class within another class, etc). Please be cautions when doing dnd within the model tree.